Saturday, 20 April 2013

Rainy days- never say goodbye

Actually the rain did say goodbye- to my plans that is.

I was planning to visit the Taronga Zoo today but the rain made me change my plans. The alternate plan was to head to the Event Cinema in George street to watch Jurassic Park 3D. The alternate plan failed as well. I found my Godzilla (Heisei) DVD boxset and decided I had to watch "Godzilla vs King Ghidorah". I mean it IS a cheaper alternative, plus it was still raining and I just made tea. 

One thing led to another and it became Godzilla Heisei fest today. Who needs to walk around the city when you can watch giant monsters fighting it out in front of your laptop screen. Clearly I needed help.

This went all the way till dinner and being under the influence of the Japanese language for the entire day, I had the munchies for some Japanese food. Decided against using the internet and I just wandered around the neighbourhood in search for an affordable Japanese eating place. My neighbourhood is littered with eating places so I was pretty confident in finding one. After walking through a couple of blocks, I found a place called "Sushi on Stanley". It's a tiny little spot with the seating being rather cramped. The joint is "wallet-friendly" with combo meals with rice, miso soup, salad and fruits below AUD$20. I left the place feeling very satisfied. A quick search on the internet revealed that this eating place has really good reviews. I guess this could be a regular Saturday night dinner place. 

Even though my primary plan for today failed- the back up plan did leave me satisfied as well. Now to make some tea.