Friday, 19 April 2013

Let the $avings begin....again

"Money is a guarantee that we may have what we want in the future. Though we need nothing at the moment it insures the possibility of satisfying a new desire when it arises." -- Aristotle

I got the official email saying that my stipend payments will commence next week and will be back paid to when I enrolled 24 days ago. This news is very welcomed- I've been tapping into my savings ever since February when I had to withdraw from my previous institution. Money just seem to drain away since then for my relocation. Air tickets, professional cleaning of my old place, temporary accommodation while I find a new place in Sydney all took a toll on my savings. 

I like to save for a rainy day. When compared to my peers- I do not get a lot of income and I'm reaching my 30's in 3 years.In addition, half of my stipend (fortnightly payment) goes into rent which leaves me with half for expenses and savings. I've always targeted to save 15- 20% of my stipend and that's been working out so far; which created a safety buffer to spend for my relocation.

Now with a regular income coming in again- it's time to start saving my bank account which has been bleeding way too much recently (in my opinion, that is). Plus, I also need if for trips up to Brisbane.