Sunday, 14 April 2013

Alderaan

It is different here-shops opening till late and all. It is really easy to adapt to the Sydney life as it is similar to what I'm used to growing up in Singapore. Resumed the PhD journey on the 8th of April and I've been swarmed with paperwork- one of the thrills when starting out in a new place and setting up a lab. I foresee the paper work is going to take me up to a month to complete but the experience gained from this will be very valuable- not many PhD candidates get the chance to be actively involved in starting up a lab. Other than that I have an abstract for a conference due in June and a paper to submit by October- Full steam ahead!

In other news- the closing of LucasArts by Disney came as a shock to me. Ever since having access to a computer and gaming consoles , LucasArts has been providing me endless entertainment in the form of Star wars games. The news of the closure felt  "as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced"- as I'm pretty sure many people around the world felt the same way too.

Thankfully this does not mean that there will be no new star wars game in the coming future. Disney interactive studio will take over and provide a new hope to gamers everywhere. Hopefully they will give us Star Wars: Battlefront III.